Thursday, May 23, 2013
At this point tomorrow we will have a U-Haul parked in our driveway. The madness will soon end as we settle in our new home and find a new church and new friends. I pray that we continue to put God first in our decisions. I still can't wait to see what He as in store for us.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
I plan throughout our adventure to get this blog back up and get everyone posted on what God is doing in our lives and those that we will soon impact.
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Thursday, July 12, 2007
- I have been to New York three times. (Been in the World Trade Center twice and to Ground Zero once).
- I am like Jeff and thinks potty humor is hilarious. I guess that is why I get along with the guys better than I do the girls. I think farting is funny and hate to go shopping all day long.
- I am a strange love for John Travolta. I think he is the hottest person alive.
- I was manager of Pizza Inn in Jonesboro when I went college.
- I was Valedictorian of my class.
- I wish I could play the trumpet like my brother did.
- I didn't join the marching band in high school because everyone in my class was doing it. I love to stand out even then. Of course this wasn't hard being the only white in my class or school at Eudora.
- I have a overbearing fear of being raped or my children being molested.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Just when you think it is going to be a peaceful night, you are awoken by your baby boy screaming to the top of his lungs. He is screaming but yet he is not conscious. He does not even recognize you. Ashton has been experiencing night terrors for about a year now.
They are very stressful. You want to shake him or slap him to wake him up, yet it wouldn't work. All you can do is sit there and hold him until he wakes up or it is over. Research says that children experiencing night terrors must have a regular sleep schedule. Sometimes these night terrors are triggered by being too tired. How can you do this, if the boy will not take naps? I think sometimes he is just scared to sleep. He has actually told me this a couple of times. I just wish whatever little demons are possessing his brain at night would disappear and leave him alone.