Friday, October 27, 2006

Mommy I Don't Like This Place

Going through hell last night, Ashton says I don't like this place. Let me clarify this. We went to the heaven and hell house at Shady Grove Baptist Church. It was great. It makes hell so real for you. You never leave this place without thinking about changing your life. Ashton even walked away saying he don't like that place so he is going to love Jesus.


After being tortured in hell, we finally came to a beautiful place. It was heaven. This made hell seem bad, dark, and gloomy. We walked in and Ashton says, "Ooh pretty. I like this place." Ashton even got the chance to shake Jesus' hand. He loved it. He went home and called everyone he knew that Jesus shoke his hand.

The bottom line of this story is that sometimes we need to think like a child. The next day we have forgotten about the experiences of the heaven and hell house. Ashton is still talking about loving Jesus because he didn't like the other place. What is it that makes us not continue to think about the consequences of our actions? We know we don't want to go to hell, but do we really think about what we are doing? Are we living in the light of Jesus every day?

2 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I wish I had checked that out!I wasnt sure what it was until Amanda told me last night-maybe next year.I think all adults are actually striving to be more childlike-ironic isnt it,spend your childhood trying to be an adult and spend your adulthood trying to be more child like.

Jenny Sipes said...

THATS AWESOME!! EVERYONE SHOULD FEEL THE SAME ABOUT JESUS THAT ASHTON DOES! THATS GREAT!