Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tight Clothes

Tight Clothes? No I am not talking about really cool clothes. I am talking about my clothes are too small. One month left, my clothes are tight. It doesn't matter if they are maternity or not.

Today, I was told I was not dressed appropriately for school. I was thinking ok I have finally gotten caught wearing my tennis shoes. No, it was my shirt. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't dressed as a hooker. I had a long black skirt and one of Michael's henleys. I was told it was too tight over the stomach. To me I was thinking, but I am 7 weeks away from possible delivery. What do you mean it is too tight? I decided to wear this shirt because the actually maternity shirt was too tight and form fitting.

Old me, we send an e-mail or go to the office of the higher up and ask them to buy me some clothes that fit. Lawsuit or something. I am sure it could be consider discriminatory or something. I have seen teachers wear worse like the titty shirts. No, mine was too tight on the belly. I didn't even show skin but was told it was not appropriate. Sounds like discrimination to me. Too bad I am only pregnant and cried about it. I just wanted to go home and never to return.

It really hurts when you are trying your best to show up even though it is living hell these last months to move around and you get criticized for your clothes being tight. Maybe someone could explain it to me. I am just upset. I don't have money like others may to go and buy larger clothes for one month and fix it. My family is living on one income. Just makes me want to scream.

7 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K.T. is Mommatude said...

Girl,What size are you-I am pretty sure some of my shirts will fit you-even though you are pregnant....Let me know...Do you still have my phone number.

T J said...

Maybe you should make a statement by wearing the outfit the big bird lady on american idol wore. It was like a sports bra with a feathery looking shaw. Then they would probably applaude a tight belly shirt. Just a thought.

Sugar-n-Spice said...

oh, lou....i'm so sorry you had such a day! i KNOW its hard to live on one income, and i wouldn't buy for one month, either....you're doing right. maybe someone has some you can wear...i wish i could help. hang in there! it won't be long, now! and she'll be soooo worth it.

Mandy said...

Oh girl I'm so sorry! NOTHING ever fits me in the end either.. my maternity clothes all are too small, and i'm NOT buying more clothes for one month either! I can't believe they'd say it was too tight on your belly... what do they expect you to do? Shrink between now and delivery day? Sheesh! I'm sure that many teen girls wear clothes way worse than just "tight on the belly" to school each and every single day!

Carolyn said...

Oh Lou! I am so sorry you had such a bad day! I would like to see their handbook for dress code. And was this a man that told you you were dressed inapporiately? Hang in there! Hold your head up and don't let the world get you down!!!!

McDreamy said...

lou, i'm so sorry. i understand. i don't know how you're doing it, i know i couldn't - i only have 2 shirts that i can wear. period. and those are questionable. i hate it for you. and i agree with carolyn - man or woman?