Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kids Say the Darnest Things

The other day, I thought I heard it all. Ashton was trying to take off his jacket with his slice of cheese in hand. The next thing we hear is "Mommy I lost my cheese in my jacket." Ashton was serious and very concern because he lost his cheese.

I thought I heard it all after Ashton's statement. That was until today. I went to the school to take a library book to my class for the sub. I have been up there several times because I want the kids to see me periodically. I just don't want them to think that I forgot about them and don't care. I walked into the room. One boy, who knew I was pregnant and even gave me a gift, said, "Mrs. Arnold, you have lost a lot of weight." I guess it just dawned on him that I don't have the big fat belly anymore. Needless to say, this little boy made my day.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

What a good kid to notice your dramatic shrinkage! lol Those comments would make my day as well. :) Hope ashtan's cheese came out okay lol

K.T. is Mommatude said...

So is that where Michael got the title to his blog???LOL

Sugar-n-Spice said...

well how about that, skinny girl?....must have lost your cheese, too! at least you're not cutting it!.....lame i know, but it's what came to mind!