Monday, May 21, 2007

School is Almost Over!!

School is almost over. What an exciting time! Why am I sad? My first full year of teaching is coming to a close. All the other teachers are exciting, but I am not. I am going to miss all my kids.

These are the reasons I will miss this year:

  • "I want to be just like Mrs. Arnold so I can have a baby."
  • "Wow! Mrs. Arnold you lost a lot of weight."
  • "I Love you Mrs. Arnold."
  • The hugs from every kid as I drop them off at their bus to go home.
  • The many drawings and coloring sheets they proudly bring me in the morning.
  • The phone calls from parents.
  • The lovely notes from parents thanking me for a good job.
  • Helping the students learn to subtract.
  • Snack time
  • The field trips throughout the year (Pumpkin Patch, Christmas caroling on the square, Park Day at Western Pines).
  • Treasure box on Friday's for students who did not get their car moved all week.
  • watching my student grow in their learning
  • wearing my yellow class T-Shirt

There are so many other reasons, but I won't bore you to tears. I am going to miss all 16 of my wonderful kids. Call me crazy, but I have become attached.

6 comments:

Randi said...

Had to catch up on some posts...Whitney Gayfield is your sister? Explain it for me please. She is related to Janice Gayfield right? I know they know you I just never knew how. Love the story about you and michael. I am so ready for school to be out and I will NOT miss it.

Lou Arnold said...

Whitney is the daughter of Janice. I babysat for them and they started calling me that. I kind of stuck. The Gayfields are my second family.

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Oh I bet you will miss them...I completely understand!!!I still think about the children I worked with at Jenkins in Pine Bluff...:(:(

Anonymous said...

Wow. I wish that I had gotten to do treasure box AND have a car at that age. Kids today are so spoiled...

Anonymous said...

We had a treasure box of sorts, but I was never good enough to get in it. :-(

Randi said...

OK ..i gotcha.