Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Special Education

I love nothing more than working with kids with special needs. I actually have a degree in it but can't use it.

What does it take to show people that you are worthy of working with these type kids? I have the experience. I have a sister who is autistic and lived with all my life. I interned in a resource room. I have also volunteered at Camp Aldersgate with kids that had epilepsy or spina bifida. I am currently teaching a student who has severe speech problems, yet I am not good enough to work with these students.

Why?

2 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I dont know the answer to that but I do know that I would trust you with my child before most.I think you are great for a spec ed job!!!!

Sugar-n-Spice said...

hey....you and i need to have a sit down! i'm getting the hang of this iep, and understanding some of this e-lap book i have, but would love any suggestions for working with my blessing!