Friday, August 18, 2006

It Is Everywhere You Go

It is everywhere you go. BULL!!!! Never had a problem before until today. Well, here is my wonderful story involving my Visa.

I received my rebate from Cingular. They don't send you a check but a visa card with money on it. They tell you that you can use it everywhere because it is a Visa card. Makes sense. I have been using the card all over town and had no problem. That was until I went to the Crackerbox to buy a snack.

I was on my way to my sister's annual review in Warren, which went great. I decided to sleep in some since I would run by the gas station and pick up a little breakfast to hold me over until I came back for lunch. My morning goes as usual. I got to the gas station and realize I better dart for the bathroom. My morning ritual of vomiting had hit. I spent 5 minutes in the bathroom throwing up my glass of orange juice for the morning. This left me little time to get breakfast. I got water and some peanut butter and cheese crackers. That always makes me feel better. I put it on the counter and the lady priced my items. I hand her the card and she looks at it pretty hard. I told her it was credit. She proceeded to tell me she couldn't take it. Needlessly to say, don't tell a pregnant woman no.

I got very upset. I would not have been upset if I hadn't used the card all over town. She then proceeded to tell me it was only $2.45. I told her I didn't care what the price was. This is a Visa card and you have the logo on your door that you take it. The she proceeded with her BS that they won't pay us so we don't take them. I said fine and then you won't get my business ever. Needless to say, I couldn't go and get breakfast anywhere else so I went to Warren barely making it in time for Hope's meeting. I did not get to eat until 1:00. It was a bad day.

Moral of this blog:
DON'T MESS WITH A PREGNANT WOMAN AND YOU BETTER TAKE HER VISA OR THERE WILL BE TROUBLE.

10 comments:

Jenny Sipes said...

i can definitely relate!! when pregnant seems nothing goes right. hope your day gets better and you have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you weren't with me most of the day. I would have tried my best to comfort you and make everything all better, but I imagine I would have done something wrong. I guess I'm lucky to be alive. Hope you feel better and remember its not all my fault...well yes it is. :)

Mark W. said...

This is just the kind of ignorant, small town crap that drives me insane too. I'm not even capable of getting pregnant, but I would have a cow right there on the check-out counter if some whiny worker refused my method of payment when the sticker right there on the door advertises that you can pay that way. I've experienced more of this kind of thing right here in Monticello in the last five years than I've ever experienced it other places in my lifetime. The most irritating thing: there's nothing you can do about it but walk away.

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I probably would have had an absolute fit too....You go!

Brittany said...

That would have made me very mad, too! Especially being pregnant! Or maybe I would have broken down and cried. Who knows! Sorry you had to go through that! I hope you have a good weekend.

Sugar-n-Spice said...

okay. . .i realize i'm probably way out of the loop, but had NO idea you were having another baby! if you could only see the smile and hear the glee! i KNOW that morning ritual, was really "morning" with 2 of mine, but the first put me thru the ringer, and was i wondered why in the world someone would call something "morning" that was actually "24-7". this, too, shall pass. and to mark. . .i didn't know you were capable of such a remark! :) for the second time in 2 days i spewed food right out of my mouth from unexpected laughter! :) I'm SOOOO excited for you, lou. when is baby coming?

Mandy said...

omgosh Lou.. I'd have probably been mad, and then cried b/c I was mad.. and then called clayton to yell to him about what just happened! lol Poor thing.. no one should have anything else out of the ordinary happen to them when the first part of their day starts with puking!

p said...

Pregnant women! Wow!

Kevin Stoxe said...

I know what you're talking about !!!! Don't mess with me when I am Pregnent !!!!! I'm a wildcat !!!!! My emotions just plain GO CRAZY!!!!! LOL .....
I agree with Michael, no telling what might have happened to him when you returned back to the car. He would have just set himself up for failure in whatever he did after your experience in Crackerbox. Believe me, I've been there with Tammie more times than I can count.
Next time you find yourself in that situation, tell them that all you have is Hawaiian money, and ask them if they take Hawaiian money, and when they fail the "Stupid Test", you can laugh at their stupidity in their face, leaving them as the ones feeling bad instead of you.

Angelina said...

Okay lou, please post! I miss reading your daily musings. Please!