Wednesday, August 23, 2006

School is awesome. What can I say? My class is the best class ever. I have no major problems in there. Yes, I do have 14 kids (10 boys and 4 girls). I love them all.

My class is so smart. I don't really know what I should teach them. This is such a relief compared to last years group.

My problem children that I was warned about have caused me no problems. The first day you would have thought that I was a mean teacher. I was and still can be. All I can say is that my class is the only class that doesn't get their lunch card punched for misbehavior. My kids can line up and walk to the cafeteria with no problems.

I started corners today. The other teachers thought I was crazy. My kids did wonderful. They are great.

Today, I took my students to their bus. The only problem is we had a bus that didn't show up. So high school and junior kids were trying to run over the little kids. We try to get kindergarten on the bus before the older kids get out. Little oh me had to take action. I got on to a fifth grader for screaming and acting all crazy. Needless to say, the rest of the group got quiet and didn't move. They became civilized. I guess Drew Central need little Lou to come there and run things for them.

Sorry for this randomness about my class. I am just so excited about having all of them.

6 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

That is wonderful!I'm am so happy that you are enjoying your class.

Mandy said...

Great to hear, Lou! I have to say that I think I'd be looked at as a mean teacher if I taught.. but, to me, if you're strict at first, and they immediately feel like you mean business, then you can all enjoy the rest of the year almost problem free! (just like with raising kids... set the rules when they're young, and hopefully they'll keep to them forever) I'm sure your kids love you and your year will be awesome!

Mark W. said...

Glad to hear it! My classes began today...also without a hitch. Yea!(Keep your fingers crossed).

You'll teach them loads of important things, I'm sure!

Lee Ann James said...

Yea!!! Isn't it wonderful to have a better year than last year?! I'm going through the same thing. I'm so glad you're enjoying your class so much! I agree with Mandy on the strict thing. I was so hesitant to be "mean" at the beginning of last year...BIG mistake. I paid for it at the end of the year. This year, though, I'm the meanest teacher there is!!! Not really, but I am more consistant and a little more strict. Which I think will help me come April and May. I'm so happy that you're so happy!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lou,
I am so thrilled you are enjoying your Drew Central children. They have a special place in my heart you know. My second grade class at Grace Christian is coming along nicely...I try not to be too mean. But it does pays to get down to business the first day.
Best wishes for a "GREAT" year.
Letty :)

Sugar-n-Spice said...

i've been wondering how you were doing. . .great to hear its been so good!