Thursday, July 05, 2007

43 Things



I got this from Shelly's blog. It is 43 things you want to do before you die. I found it to go right along with our small group session last Tuesday. This is harder than you think.



  1. Pray with my family on a daily basis

  2. Learn to cook beans like Dad

  3. Take family vacations every summer, even if it is for the weekend

  4. Start a support group for parents of special needs children

  5. Get my masters (be done in August)

  6. Read completely through the Bible (word for word)

  7. Advocate for special needs children in my community/state

  8. Own my own home

  9. Have a cocker spaniel

  10. Daily devotional time

  11. Learn to use Photoshop

  12. Learn to tread water (almost hopeless)

  13. Not scared to talk about God (can do it on paper…can't really in person unless it is a fellow Christian)

  14. Build a computer like Michael

  15. Daily exercise routine

  16. Prearrange funeral arrangements (both parents this way…so much easier)

  17. Watch "It's A Wonderful Life."

  18. Have a totally clean house for more than one day

  19. Travel to Germany and Poland and study the Holocaust (I'm a Holocaust fanatic)

  20. Good role model for my students

  21. Out of debt

  22. Not a liar to my kids (I believe in telling the kids there no Santa Claus, Michael doesn't. We will see how that goes.)

  23. Cook on a daily basis

  24. Routine of making my bed everyday

  25. Having family nights one night a week

  26. Tell my husband "I love him every day." (I don't know if I tell him enough)

  27. Find time to sew (love it, just no time)

  28. Get over my fear of canoeing (done it twice and shook the whole way down Spring River in Hardy)

  29. Take anniversary trips with Michael (my grandparents called it their honeymoon)

  30. Take initiative of more things

  31. Read as much as possible on real life murders (the only books that can grab my attention)

  32. Get over the fear of being raped

  33. Forget ever being molested by my brother's friend

  34. Get through this list of 43

  35. Make more list of goals to complete

  36. Get over the fact you can't give your children everything they want

  37. Become more organized

  38. Remember to put earrings in

  39. Start getting yearly physicals

  40. Start having yearly eye exams and dental exams

  41. Stop drinking so many cokes. (I love coke and have withdrawals.)

  42. EAT MORE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM!!! (It makes me happy)

  43. Stop being so critical of myself and my family.

If I have a line through it, then these are things I have already started toward completing.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

we are doing really well learning on tuesday nights aren't we!

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I dont know if I can come up with 43 things...

Anonymous said...

You and Shelley... whew.