Thursday, July 05, 2007

Our 4th of July

We had a great fourth. We started out by grilling our lunch. Michael grilled pork chops. I know you are suppose to have hot dogs. But when you are broke, you have to eat what you already have. We also had fried okra, squash, corn on the cob, and macaroni and cheese. To me the corn was the best part. I ate four ears myself.
After lunch, we all took a nap. The off the lake we went. We got rained out so we came home. We decided to try again at 9 for the fireworks. I think that was everybody's idea. What is so spectacular about fireworks that people will drives miles to see. The side that we were on was packed. I am sure the other side was too. Below are some pics of the fireworks.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Mike and the girls went to the fireworks show, I hung out at home. I like them "ok" but they aren't really my thing and I was not willing to get "ready" for that!
I am glad you guys got to take your sister, too, I bet she enjoys going on fun outings with you :)

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Your food sounded really good to me,got any leftovers?....we didnt have hot dogs either...:):)