Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Before I Die, I Want To

BE

DO

HAVE

HELP

ENJOY

LEAVE

Financially Able—No debt

Teach special education or work directly with special needs children

A home

My children to see God's work

Life

St. Judes a sum of money

Nurturing wife

Set up college fund for kids

Family nights

Other children in need

My kids

Namesake

Understanding parent when my children are in a crisis or need

Set good example for my students

Healthy relationship with my husband

Church members who are struggling

Time alone with hubby before and after the kids are gone

No problems for my kids-everything prearranged

Christian woman and it shows

Sponsor a child

Cocker spaniel

My community with food and clothing drives

A retirement of traveling in a camper

Enough sentimental things for my children to treasure

Advocate for special needs children

Start a support for local parents with special needs children

Family trips every summer

Parents who are struggling supporting their kids-tell them about options they don't know about

Sitting on porch listening to birds and watching squirrels (just need the time to do it)

Enough money to support my husband and children if I go before them


This was an assignment in our women's small group at Journey Church. The answers are in no particular order. This assignment, however, did make you have to think about things you never want to. No one wants to think about what they want to do or be before they die.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

This was a thought provoking homework lesson, huh!

I love your responses :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is awesome. I think the guys would benefit from it too. It sure does smell strategic to me!

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I love it!!The support group for parents of/or for special needs children is definitely needed around here.Someone once asked me to start a buddy walk here.Of course I havent.

I love this-I may do it as well!