Monday, June 18, 2007

Prayer Request

I have a simple prayer request for those that have the time. Friday afternoon a 5 year old shot old his 3 year old brother here in Monticello. It killed the little the boy. I know the little boy that did shooting. He was not in my class but in kindergarten. The funeral was today. Please keep this boy and his family in your prayer. Right now, the 5 year old does not really grasp what has happened except that his brother is going to heaven.

I went to visitation, yesterday. It was the worst thing that I have ever seen. All I could do was picture Ashton in that casket. It just brought tears to my eyes. That could have easily been him. We must count our blessing everyday.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

such a horrible tragedy, that won't ever end for the family, especially for the child that "did it" since it can't sink in for a while.

Sadly enough, it could probably have happened at a lot of houses. We keep our guncabinet locked up all the time, but all a child would have to do is break that glass and they could get to it, if they really wanted in there, so we preach gun safety a lot around here.

I have had those people on my mind since it happened, as I am sure a lot of us have. I can't imagine Jordan having to grow up knowing she did that to Karsyn. So so sad. I will be praying for them all.