Saturday, June 24, 2006

I LOVE TO SHOP!!!

Today was quite interesting. I went and did something I
don't normally do. I went to Pine Bluff and went shopping at the mall. I love it. It was Ashton, me, and Dr. Maxedon from UAM. Ashton calls her Nana. She acts just like his grandmother.

First stop of the day was Sears. I don't like Sears for myself but love the baby stuff there. Of course, I only buy things that are on sale or clearance. Call me cheap, but I don't want to spend that much money and Ashton doesn't wear the clothes that long. There Ashton got a $27 outfit for $9. He will wear it to church tomorrow. Dr. Maxedon also bought Ashton some underwear (Cars and Bob the Builder). Next stop, Old Navy. I love Old Navy Clothes. There Ashton got a pair of blue jeans for $7 (priced $17) and sweatpants for $2 (prices $10). So I am doing good. Next stop, Baby Gap. I didn't buy anything there. Dr. Maxedon bought Ashton shoes, 2 shirts, and a hat. Next stop and final stop for me was JC Penny's. Now this is my store. I bought two outfits. I have to buy new clothes because my other ones are too big. Dr. macedon wanted to stop by the bookstore on our way out. I was like great Ashton is going to want something there. She ended up buying him 4 books.

As you can see this day was great fun. No Michael so I could concentrate shopping for only me and Ashton. I would recommend that to anyone, leave th husband and home. I never realized how much influence he had on my clothing choices. I actually got things I wanted without having dirty looks. It was great.

Enough about my shopping day. I will talk to you all later.

3 comments:

Lee Ann James said...

Okay, may I just say how envious I am that you need to buy new clothes because your old ones are too big?!? That's awesome! I'm so glad you got to have a fun shopping day! I love going through all my purchases at the end of the day and seeing how much I spent (and saved) just like you did!

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I do the same-only buy clearance items-I absolutely love Old Navy,and the new Gap outlet.If you ever peek at the tags on my kids clothes that and the children's place are where I buy most of their clothes.Although as a connoisseur of clearanced items,Dillard has a particulary good sale going on childrens clothing most of the time.As far as Waldenbooks-I try not to go in there,if you ever see my house you will see that I love and have alot of-Books.Sounds like a great time was had by all.But of course I LOVE to shop.

Mandy said...

shopping rocks! I just went on an amazing shopping spree with my sister and mom for MYSELF! that's even more fun than shopping for kids.... and I got to go without dh or the kids. :) I'm just like you... at the end of the day I look through and feel proud of how much I saved! (though I am so bad about buying things that are expensive... I'm a sucker for name brands.. think I'll outgrow that in time?) i bet Ashtan looks great in all of his new clothes! Stop by group if you can and show him off to us! :)