Friday, June 23, 2006

My Lil' Pirate


My little boy is back so life is back to normal. I now don't feel so alone in the house. In fact, he has talked nonstop. Woo hoo! My chaotic life is back now.

Finally finished my workshops today. Drew Central is doing Reading First. This is what the workshops were about. It was actually kind of nice to observe a teacher actually teaching to the Reading First Protocols. Most workshops, you just sit and listen all day and do nothing. We actually watched and interacted to the lesson being taught. I thought it was very informative.

Drew Central is great. I feel like I have a place that I belong. It has been a long time since I have felt this way. The teachers are great and very laid back. They are a lot like me. Kind of scary though.

Michael was better today. I think he may be kind of scared. We actually made up last night and went and ate supper. We have this motto, that if we are mad we will still go to sleep in the same bed. You hear of people sleeping on the couch because they are in trouble with the other spouse. It is amazing that if you go to sleep in the same bed that you will wake up the next morning and forget why you were mad. It is a great philosophy or rule to live by.

Well, Ashton is here now so I must play his new game with him.

3 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I really do think the atmosphere in Drew Central is much better than that of Monticello.People are just glad to see each other and care about each other there,it is really nice......

McDreamy said...

i'm glad all is well in your house again! man, isn't it crazy when your little one is gone, how different it is?
i love your "stay in the same bed" philosophy. we were told when we got married that daylight always makes things better. for 7 years that's held true. yea, y'all!

Lee Ann James said...

Yeah! Fight's over and Ashton's back! Glad all is well again in the Arnold household. :)