Saturday, July 15, 2006

Blessed Food 50 Times Over

OK! My blog want be near as exciting as Suzanne's. Congratulations Suzanne!!!!!

Kids are so cute. Today we ate our lunch. Nothing fancy just spaghetti! We were in the middle of eating and Asthon says, "Momma Blessing." So we had to stop and say the traditional God is good blessing. I thought after one time, we could continue to eat. No!!! Not this time. We had to say the blessing before each bite. Over the course of the meal we probably said the blessing fifty times. There you have it I had a really blessed lunch.

Kids are so innocent. They can teach us many things. So often, I don't pray over my food like I used to when I was child. I am kind of excited about doing that now. Hopefully, Ashton will get me in the habit.

We do have a ritual now. Before Ashton goes to bed. We get his pirate juice which is just milk (Thanks Suzanne). Daddy reads a book to Ashton and then Mommy reads the Jesus book (children's Bible stories---Thanks again Suzanne). If we do not do it, Ashton will throw a fit. It is exciting to actually start some traditions with him and our future children.

3 comments:

p said...

Lou, (Thank you God for friends)
I don't understand the big deal (Thank you God for friends). I think that is normal(Thank you God for friends). Food is good(Thank you God for friends). You thank God for it(Thank you God for friends). I understand where you are coming from Ashton(Thank you God for friends).

K.T. is Mommatude said...

My son reminds us of the blessing also....so he says it and it is too cute!

Mandy said...

How sweet!! Madison usually wants to bless out food now and it's so hilarious to me what she prays for. "God, thank you for our home, and all of the wonderful animals you put outside." Half of the time she doesn't even remember to thank him for the food! lol