Friday, July 21, 2006

Missing Dad

I miss my Dad so much. I just wish he was here. I wish that mean cancer never would have taken him away. He was the last person, I had to talk to about family things. Daddy was so great to me and would do anything for me. I was trully a Daddy's little girl.

I go for weeks without missing him, but this week has been one of the hardest. So oftern, I have picked up the phone and dialed his number. I would have something exciting to tell him. I would call him every day, even on days that I didn't need to.

I think this week is very hard because I am so excited about teaching kindegarten and decorating my room. Dad was always there to give me pointers. After all, he did have to take a bulletin board class in college to get his education degree. I just wish he was here.

I am also struggling with fixing to start trying to have another baby. I want to tell him so bad. I know he sees me from heaven, but I want to see him. I just simply miss my Daddy.

Sorry for this sappy blog post, but it grief for Daddy has taken over me. I can't stand it. I love my Daddy and wish he could come back to me and hold his little girl again. I am praying to get over this grief, but it is hard. I just get so depressed over this matter.

3 comments:

Kevin Stoxe said...

Lou, I hope that I am posting this right, this blogging is all new to me. As I was going through church members blogs, this one hit me hard. My mother passed in Sept, 1990, and 16 yrs later, I miss her so much. I was truly a momma's boy, she was so smart and wise, she could answer questions that no one else could. I still find myself in life questions urging to pick up the phone and ask what only she could answer. Cancer also took her away. Nick wasn't even a yr old when she passed and I hate that he never got to get to know his grandmother. What a wonderful woman!!!!!

Kristy said...

Lou-Although circumstances and relationships are never exactly the same for any of us we do know what this struggle is like, man, do I know. Hang in there girl! It's been 9 years for me since my Dad died-it does get easier although the void never goes away. I'm praying for you...call me anytime you need to talk to someone who's experienced this also. It's always comforted me to know that others have lost their parents too.

Mandy said...

Lou, I am so very sorry for your grief and sorrow. That is a pain that no one wants to ever feel... and I'm sure you never fully "get over" losing a parent. Especially when you're as young as you are! I lost my Aunt who was like my mother when Madison was 1yr old.. and though I'm sure it is nothing compared to losing your actual parent, I had the same thoughts and feelings as you're talking about. Knowing they see you from heaven is good.. but you're right, it really doesn't do it for you when you want to physically be able to hold them. I love you girl! I will pray for your comfort through this very hard time.