Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th!!!!

Happy 4th to everyone. Today has been an exciting day for us. We got up this morning at 8:30. This is sleeping in for me. We grilled hamburgers today for lunch. I like it when Michael grills this means that I don't have to cook.

At 5 pm we went to the Morgan's home for a cookout there. It was great and had a good turn out. Ryan grilled hamburgers and everyone else brought condiments or fruit and stuff. It is really exciting to go to these events because we are getting to know people very well. We actually feel a part of a group (both of us at the same time). After the cookout, the kids (including Jeff, Ryan, and Michael) shot firecrackers.

My sister is with us this week. I was really happy that she was in a good mood for the cookout. It was exciting to know that everyone excepted her like she was normal. Most people gives us those looks when we are with her. Not here, everyone talked to her. I was really happy tonight.

Well, I must go to bed now. I hope tomorrow will be as great as today. We love everyone at Journey.

3 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Maybe I am an idiot-but why would someone not accept her???That is great that you all had such a great time!Happy 4th!

Lou Arnold said...

My sister is autistic and it is amazing how many people adjust and accept her and how many people just look at her like why you brought her. I think it is more of a generation gap. Younger people tend to accept her before the older generation. I think this is just because the older generation was taught to keep this children behind closed doors and not bring them out. Anyways, I am excited that they all talked to her.

Mandy said...

Lou that sucks! I think that some ppl get uncomfortable and just don't know WHAT to say when they see someone they think is different from they are... and some ppl probably do have the attitude of "why did you bring her?" That sucks of them!! I'm so glad you had a great 4th! We slept in this morning until 8:30.. and yep, that is LATE for us too!