Monday, July 10, 2006

God's Timing

We have been talking about God's timing for some time amongst my friends. I get devotionals in my e-mail everyday. I thought some of you may like to read it, so I have copied and pasted it. God works in his own timing and not ours. God put events in my life to show me that my marriage needed him. Since March, my marriage has been great but that his only because he is in it all the way.



by Dennis and Barbara Rainey

July 10

It's Never Too Late for God

Matthew 19:26
With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

When I hear of people divorcing because of "irreconcilable differences," I think of the above verse. When a marriage looks doomed from man's perspective, that's when man needs to turn to God. If the almighty God can part the Red Sea, if He can reconcile you to Him by the sacrifice of His Son, why is it impossible for Him to heal a broken marriage?

You may be facing "irreconcilable differences" in your marriage, or perhaps in a relationship with another person at work, at church or in your neighborhood. If so, take heart from the following note given to one of our FamilyLife Marriage Conference speakers.

Last year in March my wife, Susan, informed me she didn't love me and wanted a divorce. I wanted to work to save our marriage, but she didn't.

My sister gave us a registration form to attend a FamilyLife Marriage Conference in 1992. Susan filed for divorce, so I attended the conference alone.

I became aware through the conference of the reasons my marriage was failing. God was not a part of our marriage. After the conference I became involved in and eventually joined a church. I prayed for God's will in my life but especially for God to put my family and marriage back together. However, the divorce was final soon afterward.

Miraculously, my new church started a single parents' support group and care group in July. I joined immediately. God supplied the support I needed to become a single parent. Afterward, Susan and I began to discuss the mistakes we had made in our lives and our marriage. We began to discuss reconciliation.

Susan and I are here at the conference together, committed to rebuilding our relationship with God as a part of our family. I praise God for answering my prayer even if it's in His own way and His own time.

It's never too late for God.

I love that last line. Nothing is impossible for God.

Prayer:

Ask God to help you believe that nothing is impossible with Him. Commit to praying with your mate that God would move as only He can.
Discuss: What situations are you facing that seem impossible to you?

4 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Well,our marriage is really good and within I dont see any "impossible" circumstances-It is usually outside of my marriage that I find circumstances that seem impossible....

Lou Arnold said...

Now, more and more circumstances outside my marriage seem impossible. As of right now, I think about god carrying me through any of them. There is a verse in the Bible that says something that God won't give us more than we can handle.

Mandy said...

That's a good verse, Lou (that God won't give us more than we can handle) but a good friend of mine said, "You have to remember.. God won't give us more than we can handle with HIS help..." so true! He's on the verge of giving me more than I can handle with this whole trying to get pg thing I can tell ya that! ;) But yep, I also have to clinge to NOTHING is impossible through God! Thankfully our marriage is better than ever right now... but K.T. is about like me, sometimes looking out in the rest of life things seem impossible

Angelina said...

Mark and I did this devotional with a group when we were younger. Great Devotions!