Monday, July 17, 2006

God's Timing is Perfect

Two post in a day. I did not plan on this post but I feel led to. I finally had quiet time today. I had to write it on my to do list in order to get it done, but I did. I spent time with God. I am going to try to do my devotional that I started back in March. I am on Day 18 so you can see how I kept up with it. The devotion today was on God's timing. All through this devotion I thought of Mandy. We all go through these times, just right now I am not. Mandy I hope that this devo will help you with your struggle.


Enough Faith for the Holding Pattern by: T. D. Jakes

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:14

It is God's timing that we must learn. He synchronizes His answers to accomplish His purpose. Recently, whil traveling on a major American airline, we were told that the plane could not land at its scheduled time. evidently the air traffic controller insructed that we should wait in the air. What a strange place to have to wait--in the air! I have often felt like the aircraft suspended in the air when God says, "Wait!" Then the captain spoke into the PA system. He said, "We are going to assume a holding pattern until further instructions come from the tower." After some time, a few rather intoxicated passengers began to question the traffic ontroller's decision. Perhaps we were all concerned. It's just that some had their concern lubricated with several stiff shots of rum.

The anxious looks and acidic remarks that came from the crowd subsided as the stewardess quickly eased people's fears. She informed several worried passengers that the planes always carry enough fuel to withstand the demands of these kinds of delays. There was a calm assurance on the faces of the attendents. I would have to attribute it to the fact that they had prepared for a delay. I began to wonder if we as the children of God shouldn't be better prepared for those times in our lives when God speaks from His through "Assume a holding pattern until further notice." The question is not always, "Do you have enough faith to receive?" Sometimes it is this: "Do you have enough faith to assume a holding pattern and wait for the fullfillment of the promise?"

You feel a deep sense of contentment when you know God has not forgotten you. I will never forget the time I went through a tremendous struggle. I thought it was an emergency. I thought I had to have an answer right then. I learned that God isn't easily spooked by what I call an emergency.



I hope that this may touch some people has much as it did me. The main point I got from this was that....
God synchronizes His answers to accomplish His purpose.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Thank you, Lou! I definitely am learning through this how to wait.. it's all I can do I guess! lol It's very hard when you know that God is the one in control, but he is not allowing you to have what you're asking for. Knowing HIS timing is perfect is all that I clinge to lately.

Kristy said...

Thanks for the great words of encouragement, Lou! Mike and I are in a holding pattern right now too. It's hard to know when to wait and when to jump out sometimes :) Love the post so keep em' coming!