Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hope and Wednesday Night Group

My sister has been with us all week. I really like it when she comes but it can be very tiring. We got her Monday and are taking her back on Saturday. Today, we basically did everything for her. We drove around in my Dad's truck, which is now my brother's because of his death. She always loved to ride around in the truck. This evening we went to McDonalds. Let me tell you she can spot the arches for miles away. She absolutely loves it.

After eating at McDonalds we went to the Parkers for small group. I am so excited about Wednesday nights. We are soon going to split into male/female groups. The group has just gotten so big. Today's discussion was on wives submitting to their husband. Just hearing these women talk is amazing. I have discovered that I need to give in to my husband more. We have the same argument over and over again about him spending way to much time on the computer. Yes, I have prayed that the computer would die and he wouldn't have it. Of course, you know it almost happen, then Apple fixed it. I know God is behind it. He is like haha made you think I answered that prayer. In reality, I was praying wrong. I can't pray for my husband to change. Stupid me, it is me that needs to change. I know I am stubborn and won't let go of my way. It runs in the family. It is a curse. I am going to be more understanding to his needs. With the help God and my friends, I am going to turn a new leaf toward our relationship.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Trust me, stubborness runs in ALL families. ;) It's something that you either work to control in yourself or something you accept about yourself. I struggle with it big time! It's SO HARD to sit quietly and not flip out when our husbands aren't doing what we wish they were. But, amazingly, as we said last night, if WE change, our husbands tend to follow our lead and change too, without us saying a word about it. Did Hope enjoy group?

Lou Arnold said...

Hope loves getting out and being with people. She had a great time.

McDreamy said...

i'm so glad y'all came! can i please say this on every one of your posts... you are such an amazing person. truly. i love hanging out with you (and your hubby when he isn't flitting off with the rest of our hubbies for superman!). and ashton's a given. could there be a cuter kid? i loved being around hope the last 2 nights, tell me again when you have to take her back? can you, her and ashton come play at my house during the day before then?

Lou Arnold said...

I take Hope back Saturday at 3 pm. I have to wash clothes tomorrow at the laundromat, but could come over some time after that. I will call you sometime and set up a time. If I don't call you can 723-7210.

McDreamy said...

i've got a washer and dryer that currently work.
the "currently work" being the operative words. hehe - look at me with my word games.
anyway, you're welcome to come over here to do it, but if not it's no deal. you call or i will.

Lee Ann James said...

Suzi-you said flit!

Lou Arnold said...

Suzanne, I may take you up on your offer. I just need to wash my sister's clothes which isn't much. I was trying to figure out how I was going to handle her and Ashton at the laundry mat for 2 hours. Talk to ya' later.

Mandy said...

ah... good use of a new word, Suzanne!