Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Classroom Setting Up



Today, I got to work in my classroom. I had a meeting with the kindergarten teachers about testing the students in order to place them. After Michael got out of class, he help me set up my room.

I am so excited. I finally have my own room that I get to set up the way that I want. Last year, I filled in for a teacher that left, so there was not much time to make it my own. I got to pick a classroom color and theme. My color is yellow and the theme is Volkswagon Beetles (cars). I am so excited. I am going to go back tomorrow to work more. The only thing I am nervous about is teaching the students. Kindergarten is a whole new world for me. I am sure it will come as easy as first grade did.

I am so excited about school starting. I can't wait!!!!!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Lou that's great!!! I know i'd be thrilled too! Any tips you can give to us mommies of about to be kindergarteners will be greatly appreciated! :) (like what parents do that makes you crazy, what they don't do that you wish they would, etc)

Lee Ann James said...

Good luck starting school! I'm excited about getting my room set up and ready for the year, also. I'll be praying for you and your little kindergardeners!

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Don't worry about it Kindergartners are even easier than first graders-Kindergartners love their teachers more than some of their own family...LOL,My son still talks about his Kindergarten teacher as opposed to his pre-k,and still wants to write her letters and mail them to her....You will be great,dont worry!

McDreamy said...

when we went to see jonah's kindergarten i felt that old school bug start to bite. i told matt, "i could do this, i could have a great cutesy room." and then i thought, "well, i could have the room, just not the kids. and since that's the whole point, i should probably just shy away!" but i remember helping get my mom's room ready for school and i loved it - i'm SO excited for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I so happy that you are excited about Kindergarteners. I remember you saying before you graduated that you don't think you would like to teach kids that young. On something completely off topic, why is there a link to phillip in the upper left corner of your blog? Is there something you need to tell me? Phillip do you know something I don't?

Lou Arnold said...

OK that was crazy stuff. Phillip actually had a link at the top of my page and on the side with the rest of the things. That is just weird. Is God telling me something. LOL. Oh well, I fixed it. If it comes back then I guess Phillip is haunting me.